This section provides information on how to install SQL Server 2005 for use with WebSphere Portal.
Before you begin this task, complete the following prerequisites:
- You should have completed reviewing the Planning for SQL Server 2005 topic.
- You must install SQL Server 2005 separately from WebSphere Portal.
- WebSphere Portal requires Microsoft® SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2005 Service Pack 2
- WebSphere Portal requires either the DataDirect Connect for JDBC 3.7 JDBC driver or the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver.
- You can obtain the DataDirect Driver from DataDirect Technologies. The JDBC driver consists of two parts: the JDBC driver libraries and JTA libraries. The JDBC driver libraries must be put on the WebSphere Portal system, while the JTA libraries are intended for SQL Server 2005.
- You can obtain the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver from Microsoft. See the Microsoft SQL Server product documentation for installation details
- Install SQL Server 2005 and all required patches.
- Select SQL Server Authentication as the authentication mode during the installation.
- Complete the installation using SQL Server documentation as a guide.
- Enable TCP/IP connectivity in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Install the JDBC driver using one of these methods:
- Installing DataDirect Connect for JDBC drivers on UNIX
- Installing DataDirect Connect for JDBC drivers on Windows
- Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC drivers and enabling XA connections
- Network the connections for MSDTC in the Windows Component Services as described in Microsoft Help and Support.
- Start SQL Server 2005.