Glassfish Connection Pool setup

downloaded the 2005 JDBC divers for UNIX. You have to agree to a licence before doing so. I didn't read it. I hope I still own my soul :) On glassfish I copied the jar to  /lib/ext. I then setup a connection pool with the following properties:
  • DataSource Classname: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource
  • Resource Type: javax.sql.XADataSource
  • Additional Properties:
    • instanceName : SQLEXPRESS (or whatever you named your instance)
    • password : super-secret-password
    • user: database user
    • portNumber : dynamic port number(1123)
    • serverName: name or ip address of the server
After the I was successful in pining the remote MS SQL 2005 server and setup the relevant JNDI entries. What a relief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Provide your feedback here