How to set home solaris private network?

Question:
I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but what I'm interested in is:

1. Configuring my own internal DNS

2. Creating my own internal network with different ip addresses.

I will be adding some windows pc to the network soon but I just need guidance or tips on where to start, ipaddressing, firewalls...routing, setting up internal mail etc. I'm new to this and I'll be glad with all the help I can get. By the way, OS on both boxes is Solaris 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Provide your feedback here