- How do you place the cursor on a particular position on the screen? –
2. Define the field with IC in the BMS map. Use CURSOR(n m)??
- What are the two outputs created as a result of generation of a map? – The map copybook and the load module.
- What is the difference between physical map and symbolic map? –
5. How do you protect a field from being overlaid? -
What is the attribute byte? –
Defines the display/transmission of field. most cases is an output field from the program.
- How do you use extended attributes ? Define EXTATT=YES and the correct terminal type.
- What are the 3 working storage fields used for every field on the map? – Length, attribute and input/output field.
- What is MDT? What are FSET, FRSET ? Modified Data Tag. Bit in the attribute byte indicating modification of field on screen. Happens on an input operation.
FSET. Sets MDT on to ensure field is transmitted. Happens on an output operation.
FRSET. Resets MDT. Until this happens, field continues to be sent.
- What is the use of DSECT parameter in BMS? Is the parameter to generate a symbolic map.
- Do you receive the attribute byte in the symbolic map? On EOF yes.
- How do you make your BMS maps case sensitive? Use ASIS???
- What is effect on RECEIVE MAP when PF key is pressed? Data transmission may happen,
PA key is pressed? Data transmission will not happen.
- What are SEND MAP MAPONLY & SEND MAP DATAONLY ? MAPONLY - to send the map alone, without any data. Eg: used for sending Menu screens.
DATAONLY - to send data alone, without sending the screen layout again. Eg: used for refreshing the screen data.
- What is the difference between a PF key & a PA key ? PF keys wake up the task and transmit modified data, PA keys only wake up the task.
- Name the macros used to define the following: MAP MAPSET FIELD
DFHMSD DFHMDI DFHMDF
- Can you use OCCURS in a BMS map? If you do, what are the issues related with its use? Yes. cannot use group by clause???
- Can you define multiple maps in a BMS mapset? Yes.
- How is the storage determined in the symbolic map, if you have multiple maps? Storage for maps redefine the first. This means largest map has to be the first.
- What is the meaning of BMS length of field = 0? Data was not entered in the field
- Can you simply check if length = 0 for checking if a field was modified? No, not if ERASE EOF was used.