Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) in Oracle Database 10gOracle have provided many performance gathering and reporting tools over the years. Originally the UTLBSTAT/UTLESTAT scripts were used to monitor performance metrics. Oracle8i introduced the Statspack functionality which Oracle9i extended. In Oracle 10g statspack has evolved into the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR).
AWR FeaturesThe AWR is used to collect performance statistics including:
- Wait events used to identify performance problems.
- Time model statistics indicating the amount of DB time associated with a process from the
- Active Session History (ASH) statistics from the
- Some system and session statistics from the
- Object usage statistics.
- Resource intensive SQL statements.
- Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor
- SQL Tuning Advisor
- Undo Advisor
- Segment Advisora